The event for decision-makers, lateral thinkers and people with ideas and energy, united in the desire to combat food waste.
Overview of the food waste issue
Business, politics, science and NGOs
Start-up pitch with innovative ideas
100% of proceeds will go to the Rabobank Foundation
A day with lasting impact.
When we say furore, we mean it. Food waste is a hot topic, and a complex topic. We want real discussion and real results, not just shadow boxing. And that’s why we are looking forward to great speakers, active participants and inspirational pitches.
Present your start-up
Do you have a start-up with a good proposal for effectively reducing food waste? Then register for our event and leverage this opportunity to take your enterprise to the next level.
Food Furore. Let‘s Stop the Waste! offers:
- An overview of insights and viewpoints from scientists and politicians
- Concrete and innovative solutions for your own sustainability strategy
- Information exchange and networking with experts and decision-makers
- A platform for presenting your ideas to decision-makers and customers
- An attractive coaching package for pitch participants and winners
- Information exchange, networking and contact to partners who can help you to implement your ideas
NGOs & interest groups
- A forum for gaining insights into best practices and lessons learned, and to highlight new initiatives
- Access to relevant stakeholders in the worlds of business, research and politics
- Information exchange and networking
- Presentation and discussion of political initiatives and the corresponding political/legislative framework
- Insights into the real-world activities and imperatives of businesses, NGOs and consumers
- Information exchange and networking with companies, NGOs, interest groups and start-ups
Combatting food waste with exciting, actionable ideas.
An event hosted by RaboDirect
An incredible 18 million metric tons of food are thrown away every year in Germany alone. That is almost exactly 18 million metric tons too much. As a financial services provider with a focus on agriculture and the food industry, Rabobank has long been committed to the respectful and resource-efficient consumption and management of food. Under the banner of “Banking for Food”, we support projects that combat food waste worldwide.